22 March, 2020. To strengthen national efforts towards COVID-19 preparedness, we would like to inform you about recent guidelines from Dubai Health Authority (DHA), and the availability of learning resources from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA), the governing body of Dubai Healthcare City, advises all clinical partners and healthcare professionals (HCPs) in the free zone to refer to the
DHA Guidelines for the Management of COVID-19, which provide recommendations related to administrative measures, HCP preparedness, preventing
transmission in health facilities, management of cases in outpatient facilities, and reporting suspected and confirmed cases.
In addition, DHCA encourages partners and HCPs to benefit from WHO's open learning platform for health emergencies via
OpenWHO.org. Specifically, WHO has developed online courses on the following topics:
- Infection Prevention and Control for COVID-19 (available in
- A general introduction to emerging respiratory viruses, including novel coronaviruses (available in
- Clinical Care for Severe Acute Respiratory Infections (available in
- Health and safety briefing for respiratory diseases - ePROTECT (available in
- COVID-19 Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response, currently available in
English, but coming soon in additional languages.
For queries, please email WHO's Learning and Capacity Development Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to your understanding and support to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Download Arabic version