17 March, 2020. In line with directives from the Government of Dubai and in cooperation with Dubai Economy and Dubai Municipality (DM), we would like to inform you about mandatory instructions for gyms, salons, spas and F&B (food and beverage) outlets in the Dubai Healthcare City free zone.
With immediate effect, Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the governing body of Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) instructs facilities in the free zone providing the aforementioned services to comply until further notice (unless specified).
Note: As per Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulatory (DHCR), the new guidelines do not apply for medical spas and therapeutic massage centres licensed under clinical operations.
To ensure compliance, regular and frequent inspections will be conducted by relevant authorities; violations will be issued for non-compliance.
DM instructions for salons (ladies/gents) and personal care centres
- All customers are required to make an appointment prior to visit.
- Waiting area/s to be permanently closed to limit the number of people inside the salon at any given time.
- Wearing protective mask for all services is mandatory.
- No entry for any customer with flu symptoms.
- Only disposable cups can be used to serve beverages (tea/coffee).
- Newspapers, magazines and brochures should be removed.
Dubai Economy instruction for massage centres and spas and gyms
- Suspend all services until Tuesday, 31 March.
DM instructions for F&B outlets (download DHCA notice
here to be displayed in your facility; refer to DM circular
- Do not sell more than 50 meals per order.
- Open buffets are prohibited.
- Mandatory 2-metre space between seating tables.
- Use disposable cups and plates to serve customers; regular flatware and cutlery can only be used if the outlet has automated dishwashing facility that meets the disinfection temperature requirements.
- Waiting area/s to be closed to limit the number of people inside the outlet at any given time.
- Increase takeaway and home delivery orders as per applicable food safety standards.
- Clean and disinfect tables immediately after customer use.
- Do not allow entry of any customers or employees with flu symptoms.
We look forward to your understanding and support to help limit the spread of COVID-19.