23 March, 2020. In line with precautionary measures from the Government of Dubai and in cooperation with the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority, Ministry of Health and Prevention, and Dubai Municipality (DM), F&B (food and beverage) outlets in the Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) free zone are to remain closed with immediate effect for a period two weeks until further notice.
Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the governing body of DHCC instructs all F&B facilities including restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, coffee shops and all establishments offering food services to comply. As per the
DM Circular (dated 23 March), only restaurants and cafes operating in hotels and/or hotel apartments can operate to exclusively serve hotel guests.
F&B facilities in DHCC can continue food delivery services provided the below guidelines are followed:
- Ensure suitable, safe and hygienic food delivery/transportation as per recommended temperatures; all delivery/transportation means must be registered via DM
- Clean and disinfect the external and internal sections of delivery bags and frequently-used surfaces of the transportation vehicle such as handles / steering wheel.
- Delivery personnel should:
- Maintain adequate health precautions at all times.
- Stop working immediately if experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Report to management in case of contact with people who are sick.
- Follow hand hygiene, and avoid touching the face, nose, eyes and mouth.
- Use face masks when needed.
- Use disposable gloves for cash collection or when using point of sale (POS) devices.
In addition, all DHCC-based F&B facilities are required to comply with the
DM Provisional Guidelines Related to Food Safety Management in Dubai (dated 22 March), which are applicable until Tuesday, 30 June, 2020. These additional requirements during the interim period, cover food safety, permitted dine-in capacity, and food safety trainings.
Note: Regular inspections will be conducted by DHCA Departments and DM to ensure the compliance; partners will face violations for non-compliance.
We look forward to your understanding and support to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Download Arabic version