29 March, 2020. In line with precautionary measures from the Government of Dubai and in cooperation with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and Dubai Economy, Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the governing body of Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) instructs all clinical and non-clinical partners to comply with the below guidelines applicable to (a) only new visa (employment and residence) applications, renewals and amendments; and (b) only to people who are already in the UAE.
Since the recent
mandatory closure of government transaction centres (dated 26 March), we have introduced an interim process for visa, medical fitness test, and Emirates ID card with immediate effect and until further notice.
Please note the below changes by Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulatory (DHCR).
For new visa applications:
- After issuance of entry permit, submit application through
Government Services via
- After submission, 'Change of status' will be issued (60-day validity).
- Application will remain open until medical fitness test and biometrics for the Emirates ID are completed. As both the Emirates Medical Fitness Center and Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship centre are closed until further notice, you will be notified once the centres reopen.
For visa renewals:
- Submit application for renewal through
Government Services via
- Medical test isn't required (until further notice), however, you will still receive a notification email through Masaar, stating that the medical fitness test and Emirates ID application forms are ready for collection. Kindly disregard this notification.
- Separately, you will receive only the Emirates ID application form via
- Once the visa is issued, you will receive an email approval.
- If you are required to complete biometrics for the Emirates ID and/or to submit your passport for stamping, you may do so once DHCR's Government Service Operations (GSO) counters and the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship centre reopens.
Note: Physical visa stamping on the passport has been suspended until further notice. Once available, applicants will be advised to visit DHCR for stamping.
For visa queries, please email DHCR's GSO Team via
We look forward to your understanding and support to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Download Arabic version