24 March, 2020. In line with precautionary measures from the Government of Dubai and in cooperation with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and Dubai Economy, interim guidelines for visa, medical fitness test, and Emirates ID card processing have been introduced with immediate effect and until further notice.
Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the governing body of Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) instructs all clinical and non-clinical partners to comply with the below guidelines applicable to
(a) only new visa (employment and residence) applications, renewals and amendments; and
(b) only to people who are already in the UAE.
Note: Visa processing is handled by Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulatory (DHCR) through
Government Services via
Interim process for medical fitness test and Emirates ID card:
- Once you receive a notification email through Masaar, stating that the medical fitness and Emirates ID application forms are ready for collection, carry your passport and visit DHCR's Government Service Operations (GSO) counters (refer to timings below) located in Ibn Sina Medical Complex (building 27), Block C, Ground Floor; the GSO Team will give you the forms.
- You will then proceed to only the Emirates Medical Fitness Center in the same block to complete your medical fitness test.
- After you receive your medical fitness test results – through Masaar, and if deemed fit, only then will you be required to visit the ICA office (same block) to complete biometrics for the Emirates ID.
- Upon completion of biometrics, you are required to submit the Emirates ID application through Masaar.
- Upon visa issuance, you will receive an email approval.
- Emirates ID will be delivered via courier service.
Note: Physical visa stamping on the passport has been suspended until further notice.
Timings: In addition to the above, from tomorrow, Wednesday, 25 March, the cash counter in GSO, which is used for payments related to leasing and engineering as well as GSO and commercial and professional licensing services, will be operational from only 9:00am to 1:00pm on all working days until further notice. All other GSO counters will follow regular hours, i.e. from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
For visa queries, please email DHCR's GSO Team via
For payment queries, please contact Habib Abro, Senior Executive – Finance, DHCA (Habib.Abro@dhca.gov.ae / 04 3838 336.
We look forward to your understanding and support to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Download Arabic version