20 April, 2020. In line with national efforts towards combating the COVID-19 pandemic, and in cooperation with Dubai Health Authority (DHA), we would like to bring to your urgent attention the mandatory requirement in relation to reporting COVID-19 cases through Hasana, DHA's integrated electronic public health system for disease surveillance and management.
We have been notified that certain healthcare providers in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) have failed to enter the information accurately via Hasana.
With immediate effect, Dubai Healthcare City Authority, the governing body of DHCC, instructs hospitals and clinics in the free zone to report all COVID-19 cases after swab tests in a timely and accurate manner via the
Hasana link. This will ensure that statistics provide up-to-date data, and aid decision making.
Partners are required to comply with the below requirements; failure to do so will result in violations /penalties.
Note the below guidelines:
1. All healthcare facilities and professionals are required to:
- Report cases through the Hasana system as soon as possible.
- Enter correct and complete data.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of information concerning patient privacy in accordance with regulations
- Only use Hasana system to record data; other mediums such as paper forms or electronic correspondence are unacceptable.
2. Complete all mandatory fields:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Emirates ID
- Passport number
- Mobile number
- Specimen collection date
- Specimen processed date
- Test results
- Flight number
3. Facilities shall assign a coordinator – IT health informatics: This person will be responsible for data insertion via Hasana portal. Email details of the appointed coordinator (full name, email address and mobile number) to the below addresses:
For Hasana-related support, contact:
We look forward to your compliance in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic.
Download Arabic version